Why choose Natural Rubber Soother?
There are many great dummies on the market which makes it hard to decide which one is best for your precious little one. To help make it easier here are the key reasons giving your bub a Natural Rubber Soother is the way to go:
- Increased safety – One of the safest on the market
- Extremely hygienic – No material joins for bacteria to hide
- Helps encourage breastfeeding with its special design
- Sizes & shapes to match your baby’s development
- Environmentally friendly
- 100% Natural – Made from rubber & chemical free
- Meets Aus & International safety standards
And it doesn’t hurt that they have their own unique look. No bright colours or cartoon pictures a simple golden colour to match any outfit.
1. One of the safest on the market
Natural Rubber Soothers are safer than some other dummies on the market due to their increased durability which comes from being made up of a single piece of natural rubber. The design means the dummies don’t have joints to avoid the teat separating which can lead to choking. This means compared to silicone dummies that can rapidly tear once the surface has been damaged and can become a dangerous choking hazard, the Natural Rubber Soother is a safer option.
Using a Natural Rubber Soother can also help avoid marks on baby’s faces that can be left by the shields of some silicone dummies on the market. The high level of elasticity in the natural rubber allows the dummy to sit gently on your baby’s skin. The large size of the shield also prevents babies from squeezing the soother into their mouths.
2. Extremely hygienic
Being moulded in one piece allows Natural Rubber Soothers to be more hygienic than your typical dummy. This is because there are no joins or cracks in the natural rubber soother where dirt and bacteria can accumulate. Natural rubber also has non-static properties which mean they do not attract dust and dirt.
3. Helps encourage breastfeeding
The Natural Rubber Soother dummy is designed to encourage breastfeeding in number of ways:
- The shield – To more closely simulate breastfeeding the shield is not cut out around the nose. This means it touches the baby’s nose during use as your breast would during feeding.
- The material – The softness and flexibility of the natural rubber as opposed to silicone more closely simulates a nipple of a breast.
- The shape of the teat - The round style dummies have been designed to encourage the same type of sucking that breastfeeding does. This is because the 360 degree round shape will sit on the tongue as it is during breast-feeding, which helps prevent nipple confusion. About 80% of babies tend to move soothers around in their mouths, so the position of the round soother can never end up around the wrong way. As the tongue’s position never changes, midwives typically recommend starting babies on rounded soothers.
4. Sizes & shapes to match your baby’s development
There are two shapes available, orthodontic (Ortho) and round. The Ortho has a flatter teat ideal for preventing dental issues and the round version sometimes called a cherry style, is perfect for breastfed babies. Each shape comes in a number of different sizes designed to match the size of your baby’s mouth.
- Ortho Natural Rubber Soother – Your baby can hold their jaw in the correct position with the flatter teat of the ortho dummy helping to prevent future dental problems. The ortho come in two sizes a small perfect for babies up to 6 months of age and a large for babies over 6 months.
- Round Natural Rubber Soother - As mentioned above the round style tends to work well for breastfed babies because it helps prevent nipple confusion by allowing the tongue to be positioned under the nipple as it is during breast-feeding. This style is available in small (0-3 months), medium (3-6 months) and large (6 months+).
5. Environmentally friendly
When you purchase a Natural Rubber Soother you’re being environmentally conscious as our dummies are produced with sustainable raw material, making them a green product. The dummies are made from pure, natural rubber from the Hevea Brasiliensi tree, grown in Malaysia. Other soothers on the market are made from silicone and plastic which are made from oil based materials and are a non-renewable resource.
Natural Rubber Soothers, unlike plastic & silicon dummies are bio-degrade and the source and supply of rubber is also renewable through replanting of the rubber trees. We’re also making efforts to reduce our carbon footprint by sourcing the rubber from Malaysis, the closest sustainable rubber plantation to Australia. This makes ours the lowest footprint in the world for this type of product.
6. Carefully selected size & material
The size of the shield also prevents babies from squeezing the soother into their mouths. It does not leave marks on the baby's face due to the high level of elasticity of natural rubber. The Natural Rubber soother is softer than silicone soothers, which makes it easy to wash and care for and also ensures that it won’t fall apart. Silicone versions can rapidly tear once the surface has been damaged making them a more dangerous choking hazard.
7. 100% natural
Many parents are now are looking for toys and soothers that do not contain phthalates, which is typically used to soften toys for babies. While they make toys and soothers soft, they may not be so safe for our babies. The Natural Rubber Soother contains:
- No BPA
- No chemical softeners
- No parabens
- No PVC
- No Phthalates.
Natural Rubber Soothers are made from 100% natural rubber.
8. Meets Aus & International safety standards
Meeting safety standards should be a given when selling children’s products but we want you to rest assure all Natural Rubber Soothers meet the Australian Safety Standard for soothers, code number AS2432-1991/2008. The Natural Rubber Soothers are also made to conform with the Pacifier Safety requirements of European standard EN1400.
Our Natural Rubber Soothers are also tested by the internationally renowned company SGS for both compliance and also for traces of nitrosamines (proteins that can cause an allergic reaction to latex). Nitromsamines are eliminated during production of the The Natural Rubber Soother, (view this report here to see the non-detectable status of nitrosamines), making them one of the safest soothers on the market today.
Our Natural Rubber Soothers also meet FDA, European REACH and GB 4806.2-94 standards.